Come and discover how carnival, samba and football, three very Brazilian elements and great passions of Brazil, are connected. We will learn the differences and similarities between them and show that samba is music, dance, art, fun and lots of history.
- Experience the culture of samba in Brazil and learn about its origins and evolution
- Get initiated into the richness of the different types of samba and of Carnival
- See how the lyrics of samba tell the history of Brazil
- Learn your first steps of samba do pé and get ready to sing!
Positive impacts of the visit
By going on this virtual trip you will:
- Support a local guide who cannot currently lead tours of her city due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Support the value of multiculturalism.
- Support the spread of Afro-Brazilian culture and black legacies.
- Value historical milestones of Afro-Brazilian culture.
Brazil is the country of Samba, Carnival and Football!
In this experience, to talk about Carnival, we will also talk about samba – the soul of Carnival – and football – and its relationship with the development of the carnival of the samba schools in Rio.
We will also discover the different types of samba and carnival that we have here.
We will bring some sambas that have marked historic moments in Brazil, showing how the carnival is an important tool of historical discourse in our country.
Bring your props, put on a glitter and come and learn more about the most important Brazilian party!
LOCATION: Zoom, Broadcast from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
|FOR WHOM||Youth and Adults|
|WHEN||13/February/2021 – Saturday – 4:30PM (Brazil)/7:30PM (UK)|
|PRICE||For the launch of this experience, the purchase is made through a contribution of 5 to 40 euros at the traveller’s choice.|
|MEETING POINT||Zoom – link will be communicated after purchase|
|YOUR GUIDE||Daniela Mahmud|
Hi! I’m Damah, the visual and performing artist from Rio who loves to create connections with people and places.
I’m a Social Communicator with a specialization in Public Relations from UERJ, I’ve worked in large companies with communication planning and executive training to speak in public. I joined the curiosity of the nerd who is always studying, with the performance of the storytelling artist and became a tour guide capable of creating magical connections.
I like to research and share stories and cases about my city in a light, relaxed and accessible way. My main themes of interest are classical and peripheral artistic and cultural expressions, society, history and education.
Come to know the B side of Brazilian Art, Culture, History and Society in a unique way!